Housecall Pro is currently fully remote, although we are excited to introduce a hybrid work model in 2021 that will allow for a combination of both remote and in-office work. We are open to candidates in San Diego or Denver, or those planning to move there.
At Housecall Pro, we're committed to making the everyday lives of home services professionals better by providing solutions that support their paths to success. Our core SaaS software platform runs all aspects of a home services business, including scheduling, dispatching, job management, invoicing, payment processing, and marketing. Housecall Pro will be there to help these businesses that keep America’s homes working navigate the transition to technology adoption.
Housecall Pro was founded in 2013 and has raised over $50M in venture capital funding to date. With over 200 employees in the US, we are growing our organization commensurate with our business opportunity and expect significant headcount growth in 2021.
The role: Product Designer
As a Product Designer you will help us drive, define and design the user journey, interactions, and look-and-feel of our products. You will have experience in designing scalable experiences on mobile and web. Your goal will be to reduce the cognitive load on our customers as they use our products...fostering confidence and delight. You will be a part of our product design and development team and will collaborate with other designers and engineers to test and deliver experiences rapidly and iteratively.
You should be comfortable and conversant in the technologies and design frameworks upon which our product is built (Material UI, React, Android, iOS) and skilled in the tools of the product design craft.
What you'll be doing
- Advocate for the customer and their needs while balancing the goals of the business
- Define and communicate good UX / UI design best practices and a disciplined approach
- Drive and execute usability and competitor / comparable product research to identify the good and bad and understand potential leverage points for our product
- Define (wireframe,) test (interactive prototypes,) and deliver (high-fidelity) UX concepts
- Tightly partner with product management and engineering teams to drive and implement your product experiences
- Present and communicate concepts and design rationale across the organization and to leadership teams
- Provide design direction across Housecall Pro’s web and native applications in line with our product design system
- Innovate and develop principles for new design pattern components that can be reused to expedite future design and development projects
Salary Range: $87,500/yr - $151,500/yr
- 2+ years experience with web applications and native application design (working knowledge of Google’s Material spec and iOS Human Interface Guidelines a plus)
- Ability to articulate multi-step flows through information architecture or flow mapping, and point out considerations across platforms or product teams
- Pride and mastery in a design toolkit you think is best suited for modern software development (Sketch, Invision, etc.)
- Strong communication, storytelling and leadership skills
- A customer-obsessed mindset and approach that uses customer insights and industry trends to influence your designs and decision making
- The strength to give and receive quality, constructive feedback
- A demonstrated ability to reduce complexity, in product and process, as evidenced by a scalable, ‘systems & components’ based approach
Why Housecall Pro
- Housecall Pro is a mission-driven company - Champion the Pro to Success.
- We save our home service professionals time, and help them, in turn, to delight their homeowner customers.
- We are tackling a large market ($700b+) generally underserved by technology and unencumbered by a dominant competitor.
- We have fun at work. Really.
- Competitive compensation and benefits (medical, dental, vision, life, disability, employee assistance program, 401K)
- Our passionate employees bring their authentic selves to work. Housecall Pro employees are encouraged to create employee resource groups to make the world better.
- Equity in a growth stage startup backed by top-tier VCs.
- Paid holidays and self-managed (unlimited) paid time off.
Housecall Pro celebrates diversity and we are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees with equal treatment and opportunity in all aspects of recruitment, selection, and employment without regard to gender, race, religion, national origin, ethnicity, disability, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, veteran or military status, or any other category protected under the law. Housecall Pro is an equal opportunity employer; committed to an environment free from discrimination, harassment, and retaliation.