Housecall Pro is currently fully remote, although we are excited to introduce a hybrid work model in 2021 that will allow for a combination of both remote and in-office work. We are open to candidates in San Diego or Denver, or those planning to move there.
At Housecall Pro, we're committed to making the everyday lives of home services professionals better by providing solutions that support their paths to success. Our core SaaS software platform runs all aspects of a home services business, including scheduling, dispatching, job management, invoicing, payment processing, and marketing. Housecall Pro will be there to help these businesses that keep America’s homes working navigate the transition to technology adoption.
Housecall Pro was founded in 2013 and has raised over $50M in venture capital funding to date. With over 200 employees in the US, we are growing our organization commensurate with our business opportunity and expect significant headcount growth in 2021.
Our Engineering team is extraordinary. We’re a hardworking and focused team driven to deliver industry-leading apps to our service professional customers. Our success is their success. Our team of entrepreneurial, enthusiastic and client-focused team members are the "engine room" of Housecall Pro, helping our customers operate and grow their businesses.
What you'll be doing
- Design, develop and deploy reusable features for Housecall Pro’s core marketing site
- Translating designs and wireframes into high quality code
- Collaborate and work iteratively with designers and the leadership team to develop rapid prototypes and fully-realized web experiences serving millions of requests
- Work on architecting our headless CMS system to create a performant integration
- Develop and implement features that integrate with eventing software (i.e. experience in Segment, Google Analytics a plus)
- Ensure the performance, quality, and responsiveness of applications
- Identify and correct browser compatibility problems and ensure UX designs are properly translated to responsive solutions across a wide range of device resolutions
- Develop and maintain code quality standards and enforce them across the team
- Continually introduce architectural improvements and refactorings to the code baseline
- Write automated tests at the appropriate architectural level
- Conduct code reviews and architectural reviews for features developed by other members of the team
- Maintain and improve our continuous integration and development environments
- Ability to work at a fast pace with a drive to quickly deliver value to our customers
- Self-directed, comfortable working with ambiguity, creative problem-solving, and ownership of big initiatives
- BS, MS or Ph.D in a computer science / computer engineering program or demonstrable experience
- 2-5 years industry experience developing commercial React
- Data Driven
- Attention to detail and an eye for good design
- Familiarity with RESTful APIs to connect React applications to back-end services
- Proficient understanding of Git and Github
- Experience with JAMstack technologies like Gatsby, Contentful, and Netlify a plus
- Experience with Redux a plus
- Experience with GraphQL a plus
- Applied experience with Material Design or other frontend UI frameworks a plus
- Experience with Segment a plus
- Experience with A/B testing a plus
Why Housecall Pro
- Housecall Pro is a mission-driven company - Champion the Pro to Success.
- We save our home service professionals time, and help them, in turn, to delight their homeowner customers.
- We are tackling a large market ($700b+) generally underserved by technology and unencumbered by a dominant competitor.
- We have fun at work. Really.
- Competitive compensation and benefits (medical, dental, vision, life, disability, employee assistance program, 401K)
- Our passionate employees bring their authentic selves to work. Housecall Pro employees are encouraged to create employee resource groups to make the world better.
- Equity in a growth stage startup backed by top-tier VCs.
- Paid holidays and self-managed (unlimited) paid time off.
Housecall Pro celebrates diversity and we are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees with equal treatment and opportunity in all aspects of recruitment, selection, and employment without regard to gender, race, religion, national origin, ethnicity, disability, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, veteran or military status, or any other category protected under the law. Housecall Pro is an equal opportunity employer; committed to an environment free from discrimination, harassment, and retaliation.