Who is Housecall Pro?
- Housecall Pro is a mission-driven company - we champion the Service Pro to success.
- We are tackling a large market ($700b+) generally underserved by technology and unencumbered by a dominant competitor.
- Competitive compensation and benefits (medical, dental, vision, life, disability, employee assistance program, 401K) that start on day 1.
- Our passionate employees bring their authentic selves to work. Housecall Pro employees are encouraged to create employee resource groups to make the world better (think volunteering and philanthropy).
- Equity in a growth stage startup backed by top-tier VCs.
- Paid holidays and self-managed take-it-as-you-need-it paid time off.
- Opportunity to come onboard with a team that is experiencing high growth with ability to explore different career paths.
Housecall Pro is looking for a Senior Quality Engineer to develop and execute exploratory and automated tests to ensure product quality. As a key member of our growing Quality Engineering team, the Senior Quality Engineer will support and create mobile automation framework and tests by designing, building, testing, and deploying effective test automation solutions for Housecall Pro native mobile apps on both iOS and Android OS. The SQE will work to understand features, review technical designs, and implement automated test tools that ensure quality features with efficiency.
We are looking for motivated, enthusiastic and focused individuals who have a real passion for quality engineering and have strong knowledge of product quality standards, automation and processes.The Senior Quality Engineer role plays an important part in our company’s product development process. Our ideal candidate will be responsible for conducting tests before product launches to ensure software runs smoothly and meets the needs of our Pros (service professionals) while being cost-effective. If you hold an engineering background and enjoy providing end-to-end solutions to software quality problems, we’d like to meet you.
- Design robust test scripts for API, Web and Mobile applications using industry standard testing tools and scripting languages.
- Conduct review of requirements, specifications and technical design documents to provide timely and meaningful feedback.
- Develop detailed, comprehensive and well-structured test plans and test cases on different test levels ( integration, system, functional, regression, exploratory testing)
- Contribute to improve the test automation infrastructure & CI/CD jobs.
- Track quality assurance metrics, like defect densities and open defect counts.
- Implement and help the team embrace best automation practices to maintain quality.
- Participate in iteration planning meeting and daily stand ups to stay on top of things and report progress
- Work closely with team squads to clarify requirements, ensure testability and automatability and provide feedback on design (functional and technical).
- Be a vocal champion for quality in every phase of the development process.
- Work closely with development to facilitate unit tests and integration tests.
- Coaching/mentoring collaborative team members.
- Stay abreast of industry-best tools, methods, and best practices related to both manual and automated testing.
- BS in Computer Science or a related area, or with relevant work experience
- 7+ years of experience as a QA Automation Engineer, Software Development Engineer in Test (SDET), Software Developer, or similar Automation role.
- Experience with design test frameworks that are easily maintainable, resilient, performant and scalable.
- Proficient in developing API, Web and Mobile (iOS and Android) test automation using tools like Selenium Webdriver, TestNg, Appium, RestAssured.
- Have successfully implemented a CI/CD automation strategy and understand the value derived from shipping code rapidly to production and learning/iterating on the results.
- Experience enabling the teams with which you work to have high quality testing and best practices like CI/CD and “Push-on-Green”.
- Experience in writing clear, concise and comprehensive test plans and test cases.
- Proficiency at identifying and analyzing the root cause of complex bugs in your code as well as others’ code
- Comfortable working cross-functionally to drive quality across the SDLC, including reviewing application code and assisting with design for testability, and using data to drive decisions about impact and rate of investment of test code.
- Have a passion for mentoring others and growing the careers of those around you.
- Solid knowledge of SQL and scripting.
- Strong analytical & problem solving, documentation, and communication skills
Founded in 2013, Housecall Pro has become the leader in the field service management software space. We are committed to improving home service professionals’ business by providing solutions that support their success by delivering software that includes scheduling, dispatching, job management, invoicing, payment processing, and marketing. With over 200 employees in the US and over $50M raised in venture capital, we are growing our organization commensurate with our business opportunity and expect significant headcount growth in 2021.
Housecall Pro celebrates diversity and we are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees with equal treatment and opportunity in all aspects of recruitment, selection, and employment without regard to gender, race, religion, national origin, ethnicity, disability, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, veteran or military status, or any other category protected under the law. Housecall Pro is an equal opportunity employer; committed to an environment free from discrimination, harassment, and retaliation.