Housecall Pro is headquartered in beautiful San Diego, CA and has recently announced plans for a Denver, CO hub. We are currently fully remote, although excited to introduce a hybrid work model in the future that will allow for a combination of both remote and in-office work. We are currently open to candidates in San Diego or Denver, or those planning to move there.
At Housecall Pro, we're committed to making the everyday lives of home services professionals better by providing an end-to-end SaaS platform that runs all aspects of a home services business, including scheduling, dispatching, CRM, invoicing, payment processing, and marketing.
Our vision is to revolutionize the home services experience.
Our mission is to unlock the potential of every Pro.
The home services industry remains vast ($700b+) but relatively untouched by technology and unencumbered by a primary competitor. The 3M+ mobile businesses in home services are facing dramatic change as the world shifts from offline to online. Housecall Pro will be there to help these businesses that keep America’s homes working navigate their transition to technology adoption.
The role: Director of Risk
The Director of Risk at Housecall Pro is responsible for overseeing the Risk and Fintech Support teams. The person is tasked with establishing policies and procedures and managing team's performance inline with the companies risk and revenue objectives. A successful director of risk will provide leadership, support, and guidance to their teams while partnering with analytics and engineering to contain emerging threats.
What you’ll do
- Maintain and update the Underwriting and Transaction Review policies and procedures to be followed by Risk and Payments Support teams.
- Evaluate current Risk management and Underwriting strategies and make recommendations for change when appropriate.
- Ensure policies and procedures align with revenue objectives, company mission, and government regulations.
- Manage, monitor, train, and coach the department managers and team leaders that lead the groups that perform the daily functions.
- Verify that controls are in place for each type of risk, and evaluate the effectiveness of each control through testing and monitoring.
- Generate weekly/monthly reports relating to risk trends and monitoring activities and dashboards for departmental and executive leadership.
- Define and maintain a process to identify emerging risk threats including partnering on solutions, integrating changes into existing procedures, and measure efficacy.
- Bachelor’s Degree and minimum of 5 years’ experience in financial services risk management or related disciplines; or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Ability to apply a data driven approach to continuous innovation against fraud and collectibility of unexpected losses.
- Provide thought leadership on risk management to various stakeholders within the company.
- Proven servant based leadership; growing and developing future leaders.
- Ability to define performance metrics, build a process to manage team performance.
- Demonstrated ability to evaluate the adequacy and effectiveness of policies, procedures, processes, systems and internal controls; analyze business and/or system changes to determine impact, identify and assess operational risk issues.
Why Housecall Pro
- Housecall Pro is a mission-driven company. Our co-founder/President envisioned a software company to help service professionals like his father (a house painter), get to a better life.
- We save our service professionals time, and help them, in turn, to delight their homeowner customers.
- We are tackling the last, large market ($700b+) untouched by technology and unencumbered by a dominant competitor.
- Our goal is to build a $10 billion+ company that is a powerful brand to home service providers and consumers
- We have fun at work. Really.
- We have a N.A.P. (No Acronym Policy) so we all speak the same language.
- Competitive compensation and benefits (medical, dental, vision, life, disability, employee assistance program, 401K)
- Our passionate employees bring their authentic selves to work. Housecall Pro employees are encouraged to create employee resource groups to make the world better.
- Equity in a growth stage startup backed by top-tier VCs
- Paid holidays and self-managed (unlimited) paid time off
Housecall Pro celebrates belonging and diversity and we are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees to include equal treatment and opportunity in all aspects of recruitment, selection, and employment without regard to gender, race, religion, national origin, ethnicity, disability, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, veteran or military status, or any other category protected under the law. Housecall Pro is an equal opportunity employer; committed to an environment free from discrimination, harassment, and retaliation.