At Housecall Pro, we're committed to making the everyday lives of home services professionals better by providing an end-to-end SaaS platform that runs all aspects of a home services business, including scheduling, dispatching, CRM, invoicing, payment processing, and marketing.
Our vision is to revolutionize the home services experience.
Our mission is to unlock the potential of every Pro.
The home services industry remains vast ($700b+) but relatively untouched by technology and unencumbered by a primary competitor. The 3M+ mobile businesses in home services are facing dramatic change as the world shifts from offline to online. Housecall Pro will be there to help these businesses that keep America’s homes working navigate their transition to technology adoption.
The role: Director of Engineering, Internal Tooling
We’re looking for an accomplished engineering leader to own the architecture and implementation of our Internal Tooling organization. Your primary focus will be enabling everyone in the organization to have the right information they need at the right time, through the lens of the customer journey. This includes overall tooling, workflow management, and working with your Product Owner in understanding stakeholder needs. It will span multiple projects across the stack and require a keen eye for systems architecture, data integrity, visibility, and data transformation. You will be responsible for the development and refinement of current integrations and dialing in new integrations with the team. We work in a highly iterative, data driven environment to refine our applications and their respective data pipelines. A strong commitment to collaborative problem solving, clear communication, pragmatic design, and the creation of quality code is essential. You will lead a cross-functional team including software engineers, salesforce developers, and operations specialists.
We’re a hardworking and focused team driven to deliver industry-leading apps to our service professional customers. Our success is their success. Our team of entrepreneurial, enthusiastic and customer-focused team members are the "engine room" of Housecall Pro, helping our customers operate and grow their businesses.
What you’ll be doing
- Be the driver of systems architecture for all tooling involved in customer journey data across the company
- Connect off-the-shelf and in-house built products, leveraging all trade-offs, to provide discoverable, visible, and clean customer data, in concert with ensuring robust, highly effective workflows for colleagues across marketing, sales, operations, analytics, and product teams
- Unify user identity resolution through internal and external tooling
- Partner with marketing to improve the tech stack for all the business needs, including but not limited to: paid advertising, reporting, and site performance analytics
- Partner with analytics to implement data governance, and work with engineering leadership to pass along requirements to core team when needed
- Guide refinement and rebuilding of our Content Management System integration, currently Contentful, to better enable the marketing team to continuously update, measure, and test our website
- Partner to develop an Internal Tooling roadmap to help communicate shortcomings and resolution to the information issues faced by the rest of the teams
- Lead, manage, and continue to build your team of engineers, salesforce developers, and operations specialists that focus on Internal Tooling
- 10+ years of experience in software development, with a focus on systems architecture, interoperability, and data integrity
- 4+ years leading multiple teams of engineers
- Relevant experience in optimizing data flows between multiple systems, architecting data integrity, single source of truth, and providing the right digital solution for internal stakeholders
- Deep technical and architectural experience with current ability to write significant code, build systems from scratch, and maintain or re-architect legacy in-house built systems
- Consummate collaborator that seeks to find optimal trade-offs, and provide confidence in myriad stakeholders to whom your team will provide solutions
- Data driven, analytical, strong communicator, who understands and relishes in the big picture, but understands the importance of every detail
- Exceptional leader with ownership mentality
- Steeped in understanding and practice of agile software development
- Natural problem solver who understands how to start from the why, and uses first principles to get to a meaningful what and how
- Track record of building high quality Internal Tooling solutions
- Solid understanding of customer journey measurement techniques, e.g. tracking pixels, cookies, SEO, attribution, conversion metrics, acquisition analytics, tracking parameters, email marketing, balancing paid/organic, etc.
- Familiarity with Salesforce architecture, marketing analytics tooling and eventing software (specifically Segment, Google Analytics, Amplitude)
- Built end to end reporting to better understand consumer behavior leading up and through enrollment/purchase
- Understand the pains behind account level reporting and ways to mitigate ID issues
- Contentful CMS experience a plus
- Housecall Pro is a mission-driven company. Our co-founder/President envisioned a software company to help service professionals like his father (a house painter), get to a better life.
- We save our service professionals time, and help them, in turn, to delight their homeowner customers.
- We are tackling the last, large market ($700b+) untouched by technology and unencumbered by a dominant competitor.
- Our goal is to build a $10 billion+ company that is a powerful brand to home service providers and consumers
- We have fun at work. Really.
- We have a N.A.P. (No Acronym Policy) so we all speak the same language.
- Competitive compensation and benefits (medical, dental, vision, life, disability, employee assistance program, 401K)
- Our passionate employees bring their authentic selves to work. Housecall Pro employees are encouraged to create employee resource groups to make the world better.
- Equity in a growth stage startup backed by top-tier VCs
- Paid holidays and self-managed (unlimited) paid time off
Housecall Pro celebrates belonging and diversity and we are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees to include equal treatment and opportunity in all aspects of recruitment, selection, and employment without regard to gender, race, religion, national origin, ethnicity, disability, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, veteran or military status, or any other category protected under the law. Housecall Pro is an equal opportunity employer; committed to an environment free from discrimination, harassment, and retaliation.