**We are currently considering candidates outside of San Diego and Denver**
At Housecall Pro, we're committed to making the everyday lives of home services professionals better by providing an end-to-end SaaS platform that runs all aspects of a home services business, including scheduling, dispatching, CRM, invoicing, payment processing, and marketing.
Our vision is to revolutionize the home services experience.
Our mission is to unlock the potential of every Pro.
The home services industry remains vast ($700b+) but relatively untouched by technology and unencumbered by a primary competitor. The 3M+ mobile businesses in home services are facing dramatic change as the world shifts from offline to online. Housecall Pro will be there to help these businesses that keep America’s homes working navigate their transition to technology adoption.
We’re looking for a Full Stack Engineer to work on our Internal Tooling engineering team. You will work across multiple projects spanning the stack to help with data integration and integrity. You will be responsible for the development and refinement of current integrations and dialing in new integrations with the team. Your primary focus will be unlocking the potential of data integrity across the organization. You will work in an iterative, data driven environment to refine our applications and their respective data pipelines. A strong commitment to collaborative problem solving, clear communication, sophisticated design, and the creation of quality code is essential.
Our Engineering team is extraordinary. We’re a hardworking and focused team driven to deliver industry-leading apps to our service professional customers. Our success is their success. Our team of entrepreneurial, enthusiastic and client-focused team members are the "engine room" of Housecall Pro, helping our customers operate and grow their businesses.
What you’ll be doing
- Design, develop and deploy features across multiple projects spanning our system
- Ensure the performance, quality, and responsiveness of applications
- Build and implement RESTful API integrations throughout the stack
- Work with the team to define structures and data pipelines to deliver to teams across the organization
- Build and implement against 3rd party integrations such as Salesforce, Segment, Facebook and Google
- Build and execute a high velocity of smart, highly performant A/B tests to increase business metrics
- Identify and correct issues where data is missing or things are out of sync throughout our systems
- Develop and maintain code quality standards
- Continually introduce architectural improvements and refactorings to the code baseline
- Write automated tests at the appropriate architectural level
- Conduct code reviews and architectural reviews for features developed by other members of the team
- Maintain and improve our continuous integration and development environments
- Systems design thinking with a data driven approach
- 1-5 years industry experience developing Ruby/Rails application
- Familiarity with building backend RESTful APIs
- Familiarity with RESTful APIs to connect React applications to back-end services a plus
- Ability to work at a fast pace where requirements may change quickly
- Ability to work with teams and leaders across the org (marketing, analytics, ops) to better understand pain points and how we can leverage data going through our systems to help mitigate these pain points.
- Understanding and building against an event reporting tool (Segment, GA, homegrown)
- Proficient understanding of Git
- Strong proficiency with continuous integration/continuous deployment
- Built against 3rd party marketing tools a plus (Facebook, Google, etc)
- Salesforce experience a plus (through API or Apex/SOQL)
- BS, MS or Ph.D in a computer science / computer engineering program or applied experience
- Housecall Pro is a mission-driven company. Our co-founder/President envisioned a software company to help service professionals like his father (a house painter), get to a better life.
- We save our service professionals time, and help them, in turn, to delight their homeowner customers.
- We are tackling the last, large market ($700b+) untouched by technology and unencumbered by a dominant competitor.
- Our goal is to build a $10 billion+ company that is a powerful brand to home service providers and consumers
- We have fun at work. Really.
- We have a N.A.P. (No Acronym Policy) so we all speak the same language.
- Competitive compensation and benefits (medical, dental, vision, life, disability, employee assistance program, 401K)
- Our passionate employees bring their authentic selves to work. Housecall Pro employees are encouraged to create employee resource groups to make the world better.
- Equity in a growth stage startup backed by top-tier VCs
- Paid holidays and self-managed (unlimited) paid time off
Housecall Pro celebrates belonging and diversity and we are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees to include equal treatment and opportunity in all aspects of recruitment, selection, and employment without regard to gender, race, religion, national origin, ethnicity, disability, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, veteran or military status, or any other category protected under the law. Housecall Pro is an equal opportunity employer; committed to an environment free from discrimination, harassment, and retaliation.